Friday, November 23, 2012

Little G is 1 week...Where has the time gone?

1 week check up appointment
On Monday, November 19th, we had our first doctor's appointment for the little G Man. He is still down from his birth weight but the doctors are not concerned. We have another appointment on Friday so we shall see how things are going. He is eating a lot more and looks fatter. I am sure he has gained weight. Update: He has gained 2 oz but they would like to see more. We are weighing him again on Monday after my OB appointment and then have his 2 week check up on Thursday morning. Daddy gets to go then.

Matt's obessession
Matt is obsessed with poop. Haha...let me clarify. Matt is obsessed with Grayson's poops. If you know Matt...which you should since you are reading this...he is a numbers and facts kind of man. Well the general rule of thumb with newborns is that however days old they are that is how many diapers they should go through for the first week of life. Well included in that is a "dirty" poop diaper a day. Grayson passed that nasty meconium poop while in the hospital so he had his first "normal" poop at home the first day he was here...

So being the crazy doctor dad Matt is, we called my aunt, who is a Nurse Practioner in Peds, a fellow resident's wife that is a 2nd year Peds resident, and the pediatric doctor on call. Now in his deffense, we tried my aunt and she did not answer, then paged the doctor on call at the hospital, and then thought of the resident friend. At any rate, they told us to up his feedings to every 2-3 hours instead of the 4-4 1/2 hours we were doing. Well, Matt has gotten his wish about lots of poopy diapers. Oh let the overprotective parenting and freakout begin ( I am talking about both of us).

Matt really relishes in the fact he gets to be part of the feeding process. He often decides to give little G more than what we discuss.  Nursing is a constant up and down battle. One day seems like he has gotten the hang of things and other it seems he is not interested. We  both just have to keep at it.  


Dinners provided by friends
We have been very fortunate to meet some really awesome people in this short time of being in Portland. I know I have mentioned my neighbors a lot on here, but they truly are beyond amazing and more than anyone could ever ask for. We came home and found these banners outside our house. So sweet! They also made us a yummy enchilda dinner with this adorable cake. MMMMMM





My friend Taylor, also came by and gave us fantastic snacks and dinner. It was a yummy chicken with rice and fall veggies. She also made these delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with m&ms. In the little cupcake things there were goldfish, animal crackers, cookies, and trail mix. She called it a nursing mother's snack pack. She is beyond amazing and has been a great resource when it comes to be babies. I posted about her before a couple of posts back. Here is a picture of us. Mind you, I was super swollen still...all that swollen stuff has finally passed. Thank goodness! My feet look terrible! My legs were kind of bad for a few days too...


She is way creative! So yummy!

Visitors from the hospital
Even though we do not have family here in Portland, we have made such great friends it feels like family.  We had a couple of visitors while in the hospital and it was really nice. My friend Taylor came by with her little baby and her hubby. She brought us some yummy starbucks and it was much appreciated. Two of Matt's fellow interns stopped by to visit too. Leah and Sasha...they are both so sweet :) So glad we have met so many nice people here. Portland definitely feels like home!

Tammy's birthday 
I had a great birthday. We were able to go home early in the morning on my birthday and being home was really nice. It is funny how I often forgot it was my birthday because I was all too consumed with my little G man. I get baby monitors from my in laws and a pedicure with 2 baby mirrors for the mirrors from my neighbor and friend, Leiloni! Leiloni also got a delicious little cake...MMM it made for a wonderful early morning snack. 



We also got some baby gifts from Matt's family in California! Thank you so much! Car seat base and some adorable books with clothes! We are so lucky to have great family!


365 shades of Gray
Iadded a tab to my blog like I did with our maternity pictures, wedding pictures, and baby shower pictures (right hand side) with pictures of little Grayson. I am going to have one a day for a year. Seeing as how I have over 100 in like 5 days of his life, I am sure I can manage 1 a day. Hardest part will be picking the one to post ;) It is up and running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tammy growing

Tammy growing
4 months to 6 months

Baby Growing

Baby Growing
2 months to 5 monrhs