Sunday, November 18, 2012

37 weeks

37 week update and Delivery

Don't mind the bags under my eyes. This was taken the morning after Matt's last night on night float. He wanted me to go to brunch after his shift with the other residents and I went to bed too late :( Chatting with the neighbors and watching T.V. rough life I know! This was the Saturday before his Tuesday arrival.



This is what I looked like the day before Grayson was born!
What the Doctor said:
On Monday, November 13th I went in for my 27 week appointment ( I was 27 weeks 2 days). Doctor said that I was a 5cm dilated 100% effaced and that baby Grayson was about ready to come out and sitting low. I saw two doctors and they are both amazing but I really enjoy this one. The doctor I saw when I first got to Oregon...is a witch..that is putting it lightly. She was the doctor working Monday night, so I told baby Grayson that he may be ready, but he was not allowed to come yet. He listened...

Delivery Story
The next morning, Matt went to work but since we live so far from the hospital he asked me to talk to one of my girlfriends about hanging out at her place. I went to her house at 6 am. She is amazing for letting me come over so early. Here is a pic of her sweet family on Halloween.


I felt a couple of contractions Monday night, but like I said, I told Grayson not to come and he listened...They were very sparadic and I think it was because I was trying to get everyting together. Well, Matt texted me around 9 and was asking how I was doing. I did not feel anything until he asked me and then I started feeling contractions somewhat frequently. He was sent home at 1030 ish and came to Shiva's.  We started timing my contractions and some I would feel "pressure" and others my stomach was just hard. No real pain (I am not complaining). Shiva and Matt were looking at me like I was crazy because the contractions started coming at that magic number " 5 minutes apart...1 minute long for an hour". We called Labor and Delivery and said we were coming. Funny part of that was that Matt said he was a doctor and the guy asked him, "Does your wife look like she is in active labor?" He looks at me and just said Yes. When he got off the phone he told me..."Uhh, you need to look like you are in pain and discomfort so they admit us".

Fast forward, they admitted us, I got an epidural (that was not fun..took about 30 mins because they had trouble threading the catheter. Still totally worth it. I had a very easy labor. Pushed for less than an hour. Now, my favorite doctor was delivering from 1 pm-6 pm. I told little G-man he needed to come between then. He was born at 6:10 pm. I feel very lucky because the doctor stayed with me the entire time of me pushing. She left for maybe 5 minutes. This is very uncommon nowadays. The doctor usually only comes to catch. She was very supportive as was Matt. I feel extremly blessed and lucky that I had such a great pregnancy, delivery, and now sweet baby boy. He is such a great baby. He just eats and sleeps and goes to the bathroom. He rarely cries. He loves to be swaddled or touching skin to skin (this has been proven to help regulate their body temperature, heartbeat and breathing). You will see a lot of pictures of us wearing little clothes. This is why. Pictures to come!

Newborn-3 month clothes
So, not only have we been extremely lucky and blessed to have so many of our friends and family provide amazing things for little Grayson, my childhood friend, Cammie has also been one of those giving people. She had her second son in August and he is growing like a weed. She has been giving me all his clothes and now has provided little Grayson with a complete wardrobe from newborn-3 months. This is just 3 month old clothes she recently dropped off :) So lucky!! It has been so nice to have someone from El Paso also live up here. She actually lives relatively close. For those of you that do not know, Cammie lived down the street from us on Whisper Canyon...small world we are both in Portland, Oregon. 




Cammie DuVal

Here she is with her 2 sweet little boys!

Baby Nursery
My neighbor Leiloni and I spent several nights working and finishing up this nursery, while Matt was working nights. I am so grateful for help and it looks so wonderful and is done mostly because of her :) Hope you guys love it as much as I do :)



Matt's breakfasts & Honey do's
On weekends that Matt does not work, he loves to make chocolate chip pancakes. He usually pairs it with sausage or bacon. What a great little hubby I have.


So, everyone knows "nesting" is part of the end of pregnancy. Thank goodness Matt tolerates my craziness. Our amazing neighbors that have everything your heart could ever ask for when it comes to matters of the home, have a carpet cleaner. I told Matt I would like to shampoo the carpets. I intended to do it myself, but Matt did not want me to :) This is him shampooing our living room. Our house was very clean (the previous owner kept her house very clean as well) but it is still amazing the nastiness that you can get up. Our carpet feels fluffier, looks cleaner, and smells nicer. It may be somewhat in our heads, but I am convinced...yay for a clean floor for little Grayson!




Fall decorations around the house
Here is a few ways I have fall-ified our house. I love the holidays! I plan to Christmas-ify our house the day after Thanksgiving. If little Grayson comes early that may delay things, but I love the holiday season! It means a little more this year because we own our own home now and our little family is expanding. It will be a little bittersweet not going to Albuquerque to spend it with our families.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Tammy growing

Tammy growing
4 months to 6 months

Baby Growing

Baby Growing
2 months to 5 monrhs