Saturday, November 3, 2012

36 weeks

36 weeks

Here I am at 36 weeks. Next week I am considered full term! Wahoo! I am ready for baby Grayson to come :) Matt starts nights on Sunday night, so I would prefer him to not come next week, maybe the last night of night float and he is 37 weeks :) My back hurts every once in a while and I am still lucky and don't have swelling in my feet...I do not have an appointment next week nor did I have one this week, so news from the doctor. Maybe in 2 updates from now, I will have some updates! :)

Baby's room
The baby's room is still pretty much done. My friend is sending the perfect addition to go over his crib and I want to wait to post pictures of his room until that comes in! :) We have been so lucky with everything that has to do with Grayson. Our friends and family have really given us so much. I really cannot thank you guys enough. You can see a laundry basket in the mirror; my friend Cammie gives us a lot of great gently used clothes. We are so lucky that her baby Blake is only a few months old but growing like a weed :) Yahoo! 

Here is a sneak peek of the nursery:

Cute Quote
I had to share this because of Pooh, of course!


Halloween
We had some adorable little trick-or-treaters this year. All the kids were so polite and had great manners. Matt had the 2nd day of his board exams on Nov. 1st, so we decided to turn off our lights around 8:30 pm. As a teacher, those kiddos should have been on their way home and to bed around that time, anyways. I heard a funny drumming noise while we were waiting between trick-or-treaters and told Matt to mute the TV. No one knocked or ring the bell, but there was definite drumming on our porch. I figured some kid was a drummer for Halloween. Instead, I found this:
Yes, those are our neighbors. Brad, the son, is a boy scout and they all decided to wear the head dress and come on over. Super awesome and hilarious :)

Matt's test
Matt took his 2 day test. In about a month he should receive the results. We all know Matt, so let's be real here, he will be a licensed physician in a month. Go Matt! I have mentioned before that we have monthly dinners with a group of other interns; it happened to be this week as well. I baked these cupcakes and took them to dinner. Sasha, the girl next to me, had a slice of pizza up to her mouth for the first picture, but apparently not the second picture. haha! Love this group of friends! We were missing our friend Brad due to some food poisoning :( Luckily, he is better now!



Mom's marathon
I forgot to mention that my mom made the front page of the El Paso Times. She decided to do the El Paso Marathon all by her loneson! She looks like she is having way too much fun! She just started. She did really well! You go girl! <3

Corny Joke
Hahaha, You know this is so cheesy you laughed!!

Neighbor party
Our neighbor, Doug, just celebrated his birthday this past week. They had a bunch of friends and family over and invited us. It was a fun little party. We brought queso over (our queso has yummy sausage in it too) Yummm!
 I know I am new to the cooking game, but best invention ever are crock pot liners. Phew cleaning is a breeze!
 I think I shall be using this bad boy a lot more often living in the Northwest! Yes, I will always use those awesome liners!!
 Here are some cupcakes I made and took over to the neighbors! :)
We tried Elk ribs, deer chili, and duck wraps. We have totally been exposed to hunting country. Yumo! They were all delish. I only took a picture of the Elk ribs :)



Matt's Minutes

I figure I load a picture of me every week, I should also load a picture of my handsome husband once and a while as well :) Here he is enjoying some pepsi and TV. It's the simple things in life he enjoys. 

Here are some notes from Matt:
So, I feel very relieved to have completed my exam and I am anxious to see the results.  I have taken the exam early in order to have everything lined up so that I can apply for my unlimited medical license in the state of Oregon which is what I need to moonlight next year.  The process is very costly and in the end with cost more than $1000.  The bright side is that moonlighting will make up for that cost and much more and can give more money for items for baby Grayson.

University wards was my last rotation before clinic this last week and it was truly a very long rotation but it was very intellectually stimulating.  The cases that are seen at OHSU are very complicated and some rare diseases that I may never see again but I enjoy that.  The hours were long but the experience was rewarding.  Next up I have a week of night float at the VA (veteran's hospital) and then a week on oncology and finally a week of vacation.

I am getting very excited about nearing the time for Grayson to arrive.  Tammy has been doing so well throughout the pregnancy but they are some times that I can see that being pregnant has its challenges including the frequent trips to the potty and the heartburn.  I keep imagining how it will be to meet him and bring him home as a family and I can not wait until that day comes.  I am lucky because my schedule is very nice around the time he will be arriving and I have already arranged two weeks of paternity leave but separated by a week.  We can not wait to have our little bundle here.


Below are some beautiful pictures that Matt took while at the hospital. Fall in Portland obviously is beautiful and we are trying to share the beauty with all our desert friends and family.




 Next week: Fall pictures of the house *there is not that much of a difference), maybe baby's room(if we get the finishing touch before the next update)....who knows what else?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tammy growing

Tammy growing
4 months to 6 months

Baby Growing

Baby Growing
2 months to 5 monrhs