Sunday, February 3, 2013

11 weeks

2 month shots
My little man got his 2 month shots. First things first! Grayson weighs 12 lbs 9oz (50th percentile), head circumference was in the 75th percentile, and 24 inches long (75th percentile). 

I left the room when he actually got the shots done because I did not want to see him hysterical. He was actually really good according to Matt. Matt said when they first stuck him, (they do 2 shots at the same time with two different nurses then another one really quickly after) Grayson turned beet red and had a silent cry. They give babies this thing called "Sweeties" which is sugar and water and it is less than a 1/2 teaspoon. It is very sweet and it helps calm them since it is so delicious. I tried it, it's very sweet. I was able to try it because Grayson decided he did not want that, he wanted milk. He was really fussy the following day, which I have heard is normal....but he is back to his normal self now!
Family pic
Smiles

You are going to stick what in my legs??
Valentine plate
My girlfriends have been making these kinds of plates, bowls, mugs, etc for themselves and their family. They did it for most of the holidays and always incorporate their baby's foot. I was finally able to join them and make one! Yay! This is for Valentine's Day and it was my first painting attempt. We did do mistle"toes" (Green footprint) in December but Matt did that!

Quick Picture of my favorite baby girl, Nora! This was at a breakfast for one of our friends!
Sleeping
Grayson has definitely inherited how he sleeps from his mommy. He sleeps with his eyes open, head cocked up, and mouth open most of the time. I think I have said this before, but genetics are hilarious! His favorite place to takes naps are still on someone's chest but he is starting to nap in his bouncy chair as well. I am working on seeing when good naps will be for the morning and afternoon. I think I may have to swaddle him like we do at night. Today I tried to just put him down, but he only lasted 30 minutes because he flung his arms up and knocked his blanket on his face (do not worry it was a light breathable blanket). Our routine is slowly changing since he is up a little more. He still does sleep most of the day and night. Last night he slept 9 1/2 hours. I have told some of you this, but Matt and I have read and experienced this: " keeping your baby up during the day to "tire them out" does not mean they will sleep longer at night because they are extra tired!" I am slowly working on arranging a schedule so that when he naps I can get some stuff done around the house and not be confined to the couch. I do not mind the extra cuddles sometimes, though. 
 Sleeping on mom
Yup, this is asleep!
how he sleeps in his crib ( this is after I have unswaddled him and turned on the lights

Head Control and Rolling over
Grayson is such a strong boy! He has been since the very beginning, but he has become exceptionally stronger. Here are some pictures from tummy time!



 This is a video of Grayson rolling over. The more we think about it, we do not know if it is truly rolling over, or his big head succoming to gravity.

Activities and Non-Activity
Grayson is starting to enjoy more back and activity time. He has a little baby Einstein that lights up from Matt's boss in El Paso. My friend Shelly gave us the little matt with the monkey!





Bath time
It has been a while since I have posted some bath time pics! Here ya go! He really loves his bath!


Because you did not get enough Grayson

Some smiles.....


Check out his Nike shoes!

Some cries.....

More awesome clothes from Cammie
Matt and I have been so lucky when it comes to clothes. We haven't had to buy any clothes for Grayson because my friend from childhood, Cammie, has been hooking us up. The piles are of 3-6 month and 6-9 month old clothes. We are so lucky and thankful that we are getting these gently used and totally adorable clothes! <3 her!

Matt's minutes
I am on VA wards. He is taking care of patients in the hospital. It is long hours, but I have been fortunate to have a lighter rotation so far. However, I am still able to see some interesting cases. I am also really enjoying the senior resident I am working with. We have a similar sense of humor and he has been really fair when it comes to duties and responisbility. I am about to start my second week of this and I work a total of three weeks in this rotation. I will have clinic after these next two weeks and then I have MICU. Tammy had decided to take Grayson home at this time to see family and get some extra help since I will be especially busy. I also have a week of nights during this rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tammy growing

Tammy growing
4 months to 6 months

Baby Growing

Baby Growing
2 months to 5 monrhs