Friday, February 8, 2013

12 weeks

Almost 3 months?
I know I have been saying this a lot, but man..where has the time gone? G will be 3 months this coming week! wow! He is changing daily, as they say babies do! He definitely enjoys looking at his mobile on his swing and in his crib (the winnie the Pooh one). Here is a pic of him in his swing, which he is slowing enjoying again. He really  liked it when he was a newborn, then hated it, and now he is warming up to it. The seat of the swing is also a bouncer and that is probably the best baby device we own besides our stroller!

We also have tears!! Oh total sadness. When he cries he really means it now. I will try to capture some tears, but usually we or I am too wrapped up trying to stop those tears to take a picture. He has also reverted to not enjoying his car seat. This was not good for mama when she was driving from downtown portland to our home which is like 35 mins away. I had to pull over because he was so hysterical. Of course, my spoiled child stopped crying when I pulled him out and held him for a little bit. He also resumed the cry fest as soon as I started driving again. Thank goodness for Leiloni coming over, since Matt had a really late night. I think I was suffering from PTSD and needed a breather from that crying session. He had stopped crying again when we got home and he saw my face. What a mama's boy!


Grayson is obsessed with his fingers being in his mouth. His mouth sensors are definitely working so he enjoys sticking his tongue out and tasting his fingers and fist. He is getting better and more consistent about putting them in his mouth. He has even mastered sucking his thumb. I am not a complete fan because a pacifier is easier to take away ...and a finger..well you cannot really take that away. His granddaddy Davis use to love sucking his thumb and was down right ornery about giving it up...Hope G is not like that!

My friend Taylor lives near down-town Portland. It is super fun to go visit her, and since she lives so far I end up spending the entire day into the evening with her. Below is a picture of me rocking out and taking care of 2 babies. Baby G is in the Ergo baby carrier on me (he slept for 2 1/2 hours like this) and my friend Melanie's baby is in the stroller. Who said having two young babies wasn't easy? (I am completely kidding...I was getting some interesting looks since I had a baby carrier in the stroller and a small baby in my baby carrier). hahah
 Below is Nora, Taylor's baby. She is pushing some laundry detergent. I see that I may not need to buy baby G gifts, just have him play with random objects. Nora also enjoys pushing a box where she collects things inside the box and then offers to give them to you. Too cute!

 Taylor and Nora modeling their Patagonia gear! Lovely ladies!

Dane and Jess came to Portland! It was so nice to see them. It made us realize how much we really really miss them. Our time with them was so wonderful and we hope to spend a lot of time with them in the future. Best friends are the kind of friends you can pick up from where you left off and it is like no time has passed. Miss them!

Monthly Updates
If you want to check out his monthly updates it is in the right corner. Here is a shortcut. 3 months will be up soon! eeek!!

http://richardsfamilyreader.blogspot.com/p/onthy.html 

365 shades of Gray
Just a reminder to check out his daily picture update! It is fun to scroll from the bottom to the top. My little man has changed so much! It has been 87 days already!
Shortcut
http://richardsfamilyreader.blogspot.com/p/365-shades-of-gray.html

Zumba

I am going to start teaching Zumba again! I am going to start off slow by teaching a class to my mama friends. WE are going to have our kiddos with us and have a rotation of mamas watch over the kids/tend to the cryers. Hopefully there will not be a lot of tears and a lot of joy with hip shaking. I am so ready to do this! Shake this baby weight off! I've lost nearly 1/2 so far....I am ready to lose the rest!!

Matt

Matt is still on VA wards. He sent me this picture of him at work since I send him several pictures of G and myself. He looks tired I know. Grayson has been sleeping through the night for the most part, but between having a baby and working long hours, I guess a person can look tired...right? He is still handsome to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tammy growing

Tammy growing
4 months to 6 months

Baby Growing

Baby Growing
2 months to 5 monrhs