Wednesday, December 12, 2012

4 weeks...1 month old!

4 week weight check
Baby G is gaining weight! He has gained 8 oz in 13 days. This is "ok " weight gain, the norm is 1/2 oz to 1 oz a day. We are hoping with increasing the day time feeds and feeding him back some pumped milk on some of the feeds will help him gain even more weight. If this does not jump up the weight gain then we may have to fortify the breast milk with some formula. We are willing to do whatever we need for little G to be fat and healthy :)

Visit from Cammie
I think I have mentioned this before, but Cammie and I grew up together. WE both lived on the same street (Whisper Canyon) and hung out since we were kids. Coincidentally, she lives like 10 mins away here in Oregon. Her hubby is from here so she has been here for a couple of years. It is so nice to have a little piece of home with me. She has 2 little boys and gives Baby Grayson all of their clothes since she is done having kids. WE are some lucky people!



She came by once to see my mom and again to see my dad and mom. They enjoyed seeing her and she actually got to hold little G. He was awake for a little bit, but not much of the time.

Last Week of Granny and Granddaddy
This past week was so nice and flew by. My dad got in on Tuesday and both my parents left on Saturday, December 8th. My mom was a lot of help and it was just nice having her around. She was here for 2 weeks.  It was so great seeing my dad with baby G. He is officially the 3rd baby he has held (Bob and I being the only other babies). I miss them already!

 My dad soaking up some time with little baby G
My mom cuddling with her favorite little man....

My mom loving on Nora her fellow cheetah loving friend

2nd Bath
Grayson's 2nd bath went much better. Mom and I decided to forgo the duck measuring tool and just did a warm bath based on touch. We made the mistake of putting him in the water when he was already upset, so I am hoping his 3rd bath is much better. He did not wail as much as he did the first time and we did not keep him in it too long. Hopefully, he learns to love the water.



Easy Thai cooking
If you like Thai curry, I highly recommend buying the following cans. All you need to do is cook and meat and various vegetables. Directions are on the back and my mom even says its authentic! Super glad to find something yummy and easy to make. Matt loves it :)



Clackamas Town Center Shooting
 I am not sure if you all heard, but there was a mall shooting at a mall right in our neighborhood. We live 3 miles from this mall and it totally freaked us out. It happened on Tuesday, December 11th at 3:30. I was across the street at Kohl's when it happened. I am so glad I did not have baby G (Matt was at home). I was shopping for a family we adopted from Salvation Army. Two people (a hospice nurse in her 50s and a radio man in his 40s) were killed and 1 critically injured. 22 year old gunman killed himself. 

I know this kind of thing happens everywhere, unfortunately, but it is so scary that it happened so close to home. My mom and I were shopping at that Macy's on Friday! (Shooter was suspected of shooting the food court and then running into Macy's. Prayers to those that were affected by this tragedy. 
picture of the mall
On Happier News...More pics of baby G
 Making raptor claw hands while in his swing

 Sleeping in one of his favorite ways...first on mom..hence the marks on his face from my clothes...then propped up on the couch with a big fluffy blanket.

 He loves having his hands free when he sleeps, but it does not allow him to sleep as long since he hits himself and wakes up....He is enjoying it for now...a little cat nap
 drinking the milk in a small baby burrito
sleeping in his swing


Gifts
We continue to be so lucky to have such great friends and family that shower us with gifts! :) WE got an awesome embroidered ornament with Grayson's name and Ducky towel from Matt's Aunt Janice. I will post pictures of that next week, because I forgot to take pictures of it!



 This is from one of our friends that is a fellow intern with Matt named Sri. He is such a sweetie and came by to meet little Gray and drop of his little outfit. He has a newborn Texas Tech outfit and and a 3-6 month outfit. He is set! Wreck Em Tech!

We got this AWESOME book of poetry and adorable polar bear outfit from Matt's cousin Mara and her family. They also sent a sweet little card and check to buy baby G something. WE got him the infant car seat adapter for the stroller below with it! Thanks!!

 This is the stroller my parents got Matt and I for Christmas. It has amazing shock absorbency and just provides a smooth ride for baby. Love my little Bob Stroller!

 My friend Taylor holding baby G and her baby Nora checking out baby G and trying to pat him :) She will make an amazing big sister one day. WE were creating some Christmas gifts at Taylor's house <3. Thank Tay for letting us hang with you!
I took this while feeding baby Nora. Taylor doesn't know this, but I think she would make the perfect big sister for baby G. I think I shall steal her! <3 her and her parents!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tammy growing

Tammy growing
4 months to 6 months

Baby Growing

Baby Growing
2 months to 5 monrhs