Monday, September 17, 2012

Night Float is Over & Tammy 29 weeks & Baby's room is coming along & Fall

Night Float is over over for now. It is amazing how a week of working nights feels like 2 weeks for both of us. Matt was in the hospital for this week of night float. His hours were typically leaving the house around 6 pm and gets home around 8:30 am. Long hours. Bleh! We  have found out that he has a couple of weeks of nights. We initially thought he only had it for 2 weeks for the year. He also has to do it when he does his ICU. I think it is a total of 4 weeks for this 2012-2013 school year.  Good news: He gets 2 done before the baby. Bad news: He has 2 after the baby. Although, it is around March, so the baby will hopefully be sleeping through the night by then...

Here is a pic of a dazed Matt. He had a four hour nap when transitioning back to days....it was not fun :( Poor guy. He did not really get a day off since he worked Friday night/Saturday morning. He was super groggy Saturday and we ran errands all day Sunday.  Our garage and baby room look great because of it.

Side note: Drawbacks to home ownership....you have to take care of your own yard and you take pride in it.....living in Oregon = millions of weeds!! I swear we have like 12 different types....


Here is Tammy 29 weeks. Can you believe in 9 weeks I will be full term? Eeeek! Scary and exciting all at once!

 If you were ever doubting the literacy of our child....worry NO MORE!! I know it looks like we have room on this bookshelf, but I still have like 6 boxes in the garage full of books ready to occupy that spot! These are just my Early Childhood books.....This baby boy better love books and different kinds of them as well!! Yes, I have an addiction. My name is Tammy and I am addicted to Children's books....I will upload a completed picture of this!


 This is a sideways view of the mirror that will go up in baby boy's room. It was originally the mirror in our guest bathroom. I wanted a framed mirror for that bathroom and decided to use this for his room. It has a Pooh and Tigger Frame with big pictures of Pooh and his friends. Sidenote: It would have been much easier if these were stickers, but they were not. They were hot glued....each and every one of them...That is LOVE! <3  You are also looking at the ceiling in our living room with a part of the baby swing ....

 Here is the changing table. We have not gotten the soft pad yet...but it is coming in the mail.  Don't mind the junk on top :)



He have decided on a name! Yahoo! Grayson Matthew will be his name. Matt spray painted these beautiful letters. They will hang near the bookshelf. I cannot wait to finish this room and wall decor! I dropped off a picture to be framed that hung in my room FOREVER to get re-framed! That should be back in 2 weeks so his room will be complete by then! Yesssssssssssss....

 It is beginning to look a lot like fall up here in the Northwest! It actually does not feel like it, though. It is still relatively hot. Now for all you Texas folk...its high 80s....PHEW That is hot to us now!  The trees are starting to turn colors! Yayy!!  I made this wreath from stuff from JoAnns. It is like a Hobby Lobby and is glorious! <3 it! I may have to make a Halloween one and Thanksgiving one. We shall see...I am getting a little carried away with this wreath making business....
 My friend Stevie has made some delicious muffins and keeps posting them on facebook. I decided to make some too. This is Chocolate chip...Yum! Next will be banana nut!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
From our local Farmer's market....by local I mean it is like 4 blocks away on Saturdays. These were too delicious to pass up. I bought this, chicken sliders ( we used Matt's BBQ sauce which makes them soooooooooo much better) and shaved ice! Yum!! That's our favorite thing to eat on Saturdays. I will take pics of the other food next time!

Coming up soon: Maternity pics hopefully taking them in the next 2-5 weeks....more updates on Matt's schedule, a completed picture of the nursery, and maybe a completed picture of our house. I just realized I have yet to take pictures of our moved in house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tammy growing

Tammy growing
4 months to 6 months

Baby Growing

Baby Growing
2 months to 5 monrhs