Sunday, September 23, 2012

Halloween is around the corner...Matt update..30 weeks!

Hello Friends and Family! Tammy has decided to "fallify" the house. By "fall-ify" it means make it Halloween-ie! I know October is right around the corner...but I could not wait!! I cannot wait for my November decorations! When it is time to put those up...our little man hopefully will make his appearance...EEEK! I will load pictures of the house later this week. I meant to take pictures today, but forgot! Oops! We did some amazing maternity pictures today downtown at a beautiful park...I cannot wait to share them with you. Our friend, Janie did an ABSOLUTELY amazing job! So grateful!


 This is a picture of our den. Our wonderful neighbors have beautiful rose bushes and have given me permission to cut roses. Those are courtesy of them! :) 

 This is our entry way table. A little bit of Thailand...a little bit of Halloween!
 Our dining room table!! I <3 Halloween!
 The bookshelf is complete! If you can believe it...I still have boxes of books in the garage! I know again, again...I have an addiction to children's book. Our little one WILL love to read...hehe...
 I found this with some of the books from my parent's house. It is my Dad's handwriting inside an old school Charlie Brown comic book. Too cute!

 Super nuts to find this! My dad was 6 :) <3 it!

 His name train came in!! You will see these at our maternity pics too! We did take off the tags! I took this picture to show Matt it came in!! <3 them!!

 Here is Tammy....30 weeks....only 8-10 weeks to go...Ahh!!
 I believe I shared this picture before. It is Matt coming off of Night Float...I am re-showing it because this is Matt's hair before....(He really wanted to grow it out because another guy named Matt had long curly hair and it made him miss it....so he went for it. He decided last night since we were taking maternity pictures last night that he would like to be hairless...or rather ...less hairy...hehehe below is the after!

Here he is! My handsome man!

Some words about his intern year from Matt:
My most recent rotations were night float and neurology.  Night float is working the night shift for patient's who are admitted and currently hospitalized at OHSU.  What is unique about this rotation is that there are five teams of internal medicine residents who admit during the day and I watch all of their patients overnight and take care of any issues that come up during the night or follow any issues that came up during the day.  I was working with a 3rd year resident for the week who helps with the admissions as well as advise me for any decisions for the pre-existing patients.  It was a fairly busy week and there are between 30-35 patient for cross-cover where a normal intern will only manage up to 10 patients during the day.  I learned a ton and hopefully I did a good job but it was rough flipping my schedule to nights for a week.

I am in the middle of my neurology rotation and just finished a week of working on the stroke service.  I am lucky to be working at a facility like OHSU because they have the resources and facilities to be able to do some very advanced and exhilarating treatments for stroke including drugs to bust clots and procedures to pull out clots.  Obviously, I am not anywhere near these procedures but I did watch a few being done and saw the dramatic change that occurred when blood flow is restored to the damaged area of the brain.  However, I am quickly learning that I am not a neurologist and I do not have a great handle on neurologic conditions overall but that is why I am here to help further my knowledge.  This next week I will be working on the neurology consult service where we consult on patients from other services who have neurologic symptoms or conditions that they need assistance in managing.

It was really great to be able to find a day where we could get our maternity pictures done.  It was such a joy to see my beautiful wife and my unborn child and we had a great time taking all the pictures.  I can not wait to see how they all turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tammy growing

Tammy growing
4 months to 6 months

Baby Growing

Baby Growing
2 months to 5 monrhs