Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Glucose Test and Portland City Grill

So, I had my Glucose Test. For you non-medical folk, I had to fast overnight and before my appointment. They take my blood with "nothing" in my system. Then I have 5 minutes to chug some orange glucose. Think..flat orange soda. It was not the worst taste ever, but I do not think I will be asking to do that EVER...well until I have another baby then obviously I will have to! They take my blood at 1 hour and then again 2 hours after I drank the "drink". Everything came out well and I do not have diabetes! Wahoo. I was slightly worried because this baby boy of mine just LOVES his sweets...or at least that's what he shows me! I am still going to curb my eating habits and try not to indulge all the time. Just because I do not have gestational diabetes now.....does not mean I will not develop it.  

Below are pictures from 30 stories in the air from Portland City Grill. Great view, very pricey, but Happy Hour is very reasonable. Those of you thinking of visiting the NW and us...we will have to go during Happy Hour of course :) 







Matt's hospital (OHSU) is located behind the really tall building towards the left...near the top left of the pic :) He is use to this pretty view! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tammy growing

Tammy growing
4 months to 6 months

Baby Growing

Baby Growing
2 months to 5 monrhs