Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 24

Yummy Yummy Food!
Grayson now has had the pleasure of eating: rice cereal, oatmeal (rice cereal oatmeal), avocado, prunes, carrots, and pears. Big shocker here....he loved them all! We will be introducing zucchini squash next. I have jumped on the baby food making band wagon. Since I have Matt for a week (he has a week of vacation this coming week) we will be having a steaming, pureeing, freezing party :) We are enjoying going to the farmer's market and getting the food. The farmer's market that is like 5 blocks away is opening this weekend. Yay! We were travelling all the way downtown for the big farmer's market at Portland State University.
 
 Yummy Carrots

 
 yummy prunes...all over the body and diaper...Daddy did this

 Yummy Avocado

Yummy Pears


What to do with a week off...
Yard work
Well, Matt has kicked started his week of vacation by fixing up the yard really really nicely. Our awesome neighbor, Doug took him to get some bark dust (molch) to lay down on all the soil areas we have in our landscaping. This helps prevent weeds from growing! Thank goodness. After the weed-pull-fest Matt and I had, we would be happy to not have another weed for a long time. Doug lent us a soil tiller to churn the soil, then we laid out some weed killer granules, and then laid the bark dust. I say, we, but mainly it was Matt. I did try to help as much as possible but little Grayson was not digging the 80+ degree weather and not being watched continuously.  Oh, what a little rotten cute child we have! :) 

Matt had to buy even more bark dust because one truck full was not enough for our front and back.  He will work on the back sometime this week.

Here is his work! He mowed today, but we don't have pictures of that!
 

 





 



 




Dinner
We had dinner with this sweet couple I met walking about a 2-3 months ago. They had us over for some Elk burgers and other goodies the weekend before.  I met them while out walking one day.  They have the sweetest little 19 month old named Caleb.  I did not want to seem like a crazy creeper lady desperate for friends so I did not introduce myself right away. I decided if I ran into them again on this walk or another day, I would introduce myself . I still do not know a lot of people in my area, because most of the other doctor wives live near the hospital. I ran into them near my house and we hit it off. Matt made Pad Thai and we all decided to walk to Mc Donald's for some dessert (ice cream) and to let Caleb run around...G was asleep in his stroller, which is what he loves to do on walks! We are looking forward to many more yummy dinner dates! Their names are Gini and David. Gini also invited me to a monthly cooking group. A few ladies from her church get together buy groceries, cook at the church, and then split the meals and the cost. It is very economical, delicious, and helps with those days that G is being extra needy and we need dinner quick! :) So thankful I met these guys!


Housework
* Matt and I would like to really organize the garage with new shelving and sweeping. I need to put Grayson's old clothes: Newborn, 0-3 month, and 3-6 months somewhere :) We also just want to organize and evaluate the junk we already have started to accumulate.

*I have started with Grayson's room, but I would like to organize the closets and drawers in our bedrooms and kitchen. Let's see how much I can get done.
 
It is actually really warm here and sunny! We are hoping G will continue to like hats when he is older! So far so good!

* We are also wanting to replace the doors in our guest room and G's room because they are the sliding kind of doors but do not have a rolling track to roll on. They are constantly popping off, and are just annoying. Ahhh the joys of owning your own home!

Relax...
What Matt deserves is some relaxation. We were thinking about going to the coast, but may go later on when he has time off again. I am sure this week will include a lot of watching movies and veggie out while we play with our little Grayson.  

We are going to go paint with Taylor on tomorrow and have lunch downtown. His vacation is already whizzing by!

We are nap training. I think most of you know this, but Grayson has napped on one of us for a long time. We were okay with it because it got him sleeping 8-10 hours at night, and we were both willing to be a human pillow to get consistent sleep at night. I decided to ....shocker...put him down on Friday, since Matt would be off and we both could afford to be sleep deprived if it went horrible (side note, we noticed that if Grayson did not get enough sleep during the day, he would not sleep well at night). He has done really well so far....fingers cross it only gets better and he sleeps longer. He is sleeping 30-45 minutes at a time. A few times, he has slept an hour. Here is to sleeping longer during the day and taking less naps!
Napping in the stroller! He always falls asleep in it! That is nice right?   

 G Loves his shades! We were getting ready for a walk!


I can sit!

Diaper cake fun
My Awesome Aunt Amy made me the diaper cake pictured above for my baby shower. It was AMAZING! I was so excited to get one and thought about how much fun it would be to make for someone! I made one for Matt's fellow intern's wife who is pregnant and for my friend Gini, I think I mentioned before that she is pregnant with her second baby. They are both due in June! Yay!! Special thanks to Leiloni and Matt for helping with the cakes by telling me I must rubberband each and every diaper :)



Matt's Minutes
- this is a picture of Matt before he grew his hair out lol

Matt said he will write about his week of vacation after he completes that next week! He loved his hours on geriatrics but was not having too much fun with the grumpy vets he was taking care of....He is happy to be back on clinic and he starts VA Wards after that. His schedule for 2nd year should be out soon too. We are hoping to make an EP trip for Thanksgiving! I will keep you guys posted!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tammy growing

Tammy growing
4 months to 6 months

Baby Growing

Baby Growing
2 months to 5 monrhs