Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Week 35

Grayson update
Crawling
Grayson is a lean mean crawling machine....well he is not really lean nor is he mean...but he is a crawling machine. One day, he just started crawling. He has been rocking back and forth for weeks now and acting like he would crawl, but somehow we missed the.."I'm learning to crawl" phase because he is super fast already. He also pulls himself up on everything and attracted to anything and everything that is not for him (computers, cords, TV, cable box, etc)

 

Pulling himself up & Climbing on everything
Here are some pictures of him pulling himself up on things. I think walking may be in our near future which is NUTS for me to think of. My world has already changed now that he can crawl; I cannot imagine when he walks!


Selfie funs
Just some random pics of us :)

 

Throwing fits
G is such a happy and oh so cute ALWAYS, but he has his fussy times. I decided to capture some of these moments. This was a very tired, cranky boy...

Collage fun
I downloaded some fun collage apps so here are a few of the ones I have messed around with :)




      
Faces of a boy that looks like he had something in his mouth





Swimming fun with a buddy

Just another morning for Mr. G


Video Camera fun..or not fun
Some fun pictures of a passed out G, trying to sleep G, or a very awake boy...

 


Matt update
Night float was my first rotation as a senior resident, meaning I was supervising an intern.  The essential structure is that we cover overnight for all the internal medicine team patients, ranging from 25-50 patients (usually about 30 on average), for any issues that come up.  Additionally, we admit 4 patients on our own without an attending (there is a hospitalist available for any questions and a general medicine attending available by phone).  I had a great intern working with me which was a fear of mine as most of our interns are from different medical schools so mostly a lot of the hangups early in the year are about learning system issues.  However, she was great and hit the ground running and her medical knowledge was great.  Hopefully, I was able to teach her and give her some guidance over the week.

We had a couple of very interesting cases which were great learning points and a few good issues to deal with on the coverage of the other patients.  I even learned a few things which will continue to happen for years to come.  I beat myself up about a few small decisions that I made which were corrected by faculty and probably did so more than I should have but I have worked through those.  My next rotation as a senior resident is medical ICU which will be nice because there is a lot more support with a fellow and attending at all times.

Currently, I am on nephrology (kidney) consults.  It is a great rotation and I have a great attending.  The consult service generally gets the exact same question when we are consulted which is a patient with reduced kidney function or absent kidney function and the teams needs help figuring out why and how to manage it but I have been learning a lot because every case is a little different.  I move on to clinic in 3 days which will be a nice change of pace compared to the last 3 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tammy growing

Tammy growing
4 months to 6 months

Baby Growing

Baby Growing
2 months to 5 monrhs