Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Week 32 and 33

32 weeks: All continues to be well in my pregnancy. I feel good still. I get a little tired quicker than usual, but all in all no complaints. I try to walk on my treadmill or outside for 30 mins to an hour, but sometimes I get a little too busy :) 



I go to the doctor next week, so I will let you guys know how everything is going next update. Due date is December 1st, but they say it is like a bulls eye type of thing. Could be sooner or after. Let's all hope and pray it is the week of Thanksgiving! He will be 39 weeks then and pretty well cooked! Matt also has the week off. If he isn't ready, we will enjoy our last week as a family of 2. To be continued....

I did not take week 33 pics of my pregnant self...ooops! I will post a picture of me at 34 soon :) 34 weeks on Saturday!
Only real difference between last week and this ....I am starting to get back pain! Oh joys! I cleaned the house today, did not bend over too much, but my back feels like I did. I also feel uncomfortable sitting on the couch....Best position...is on the floor against the couch or lying on my side...

Maternity Pics: If you do not have facebook, I loaded the maternity pictures we took on this website. Our friend, Janie, is a nurse by day and photographer as a hobby. She is beyond amazing and went out with us one afternoon. We went down to Waterfront Park which is in downtown Portland. It is beautiful. A lot of green grass and trees (us desert folk can appreciate that) and it has boats on the water.  If we end up settling in Portland more permanently, we will have to get a boat.   

In order to do see them you have to click on "maternity pics" located on the right under pages. If you click on one picture it will enlarge it and you can click through all and see them bigger, if you would like. Here are a couple of our favorites:







Fall: Fall in the Pacific Northwest is beautiful. The leaves have started turning colors and "falling" this past week. Here are a few pictures. 

 This is outside the public library
 I was at a stop sign...
ON a walk 
you can't see but there are red and purple leaves 
 Outside the library
 Outside the library
  Outside the library
  Outside the library
 Our backyard...luckily the leaves fall behind the fence so we are no responsible for clean up...technically the power company owns that green space behind our house....
 Our deck has rain! It has begun raining now...we have a mini forest close by....
I just love the colors! 
 a long stretch from a walk I was taking with my neighbor
Love RED leaves!

Public library:  So call me sheltered, but I had never been to a public library until recently. I love where we live because we literally have everything in our little bubble. For those of you that live in El Paso, it is like how the westside has practically everything you could ever want or need without leaving that side of town. Anyways, the library is less than a mile away and my neighbor and took a walk there. (Side note on neighbors: We are beyond blessed and lucky to have such amazing neighbors. They have taken us Texans under their wing. The husband, Doug, is a very handy man and has been helping Matt with misc handy man tasks. He mowed our lawn one day since he knew that Matt has such a crazy schedule! Leiloni, has been my buddy. She loves arts and crafts and goes on walks in the afternoons with me. I am very thankful for her friendship. They have 2 boys, 1 away at college and another a sophomore in high school. They are nice boys too!) 

Here is a picture of the sweet swag I got from the library. All for FREE! What? I rented Seasons 1-3 of Friends and a movie called Young Adult. I got several books on tape and Christmas CDs (it is never too early to start up my collection).

It is a beautiful library and has an upstairs just for Children's book.  I know we have our own personal children's library already, but they also have wiggle time and baby store time. Grayson will just love books. 

Matt update:
I don't think Matt will have time this week to do an update so I will have to one for him. He is on University Wards for the next 3 weeks. Wards are when he is working in the hospital. He can have up to ten patients on the floor, which happens most of time time, and he has to round on all of them before his rounds with the attending.  For the non-medical people, he has to go into the hospital, check on his patients from the day before. He then rounds with a team of doctors including the "head doc" the attending, and he presents his patients. Matt will say why the patient is there and the course of action he has chosen for that patient.  The attending either confirms, asks questions then confirms, or guides Matt to a different solution. 

He has finished a week and a half of this rotation.  His days are 14-18 hours. We are happy when he leaves around 5 AM and gets home at 7 (12 hours). YUCK! I do not know how he does it, but he does it. He continues to feel like he picked the best program for him. Everyone is very supportive and he continues to get the praise as he did in medical school. He works hard, so I am not surprised. I am very proud. He has been told that he is one of the best interns by upper level residents and they say he has done the best they  have ever seen (as an intern) on several rotations. I have to brag about him, since he will not do it himself.
 Picture of the Hospital....obviously not taken by me....

This is a tram to get commuters and patients from the bottom of the "hill" to the hospital. The hospital is up at the top of a very windy road...some people chose to take mass transit then go up this to go to work or to see the doc. Matt loved it..he rode it during his interview. It has a great view of the city...

Next update: I will let you guys know what the doc says about little Grayson, pictures of the house...FINALLY, Matt update, and hopefully the baby's room mostly complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tammy growing

Tammy growing
4 months to 6 months

Baby Growing

Baby Growing
2 months to 5 monrhs